A tasty taco twist! A seasoned beef mixture tops a bed of lettuce, chopped tomatoes and crushed tortilla chips. Makes 4 servings.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 packet (1-1/4 oz.) taco seasoning
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups tortilla chips or corn chips, slightly crushed
- 1 package (1-1/2 cups) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream, salsa, sliced black olives (optional)
- Lightly spray 2-quart microwave-safe casserole with no-stick cooking spray. Crumble beef in casserole. Microwave, covered, on HIGH, 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring after 3 minutes. Drain. Stir in water and seasoning mix. Microwave on HIGH, 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces; place in large serving bowl. Add tomatoes and corn chips. Toss gently to combine. Spoon beef mixture over salad; sprinkle cheese over top. Serve immediately. Top each serving with sour cream, salsa and sliced black olives, if desired.
*The seasoned beef mixture can also be used as a filling for burritos or in crispy taco shells.
*If desired, plate salad into individual dishes, and distribute meat mixture over each serving. Top with additional toppings, as desired.