Pantry items, ready-made chicken broth and cooked chicken are easily combined to make this hearty homemade soup! Makes 6, 1-cup servings.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cups prepared chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cups (about 10 oz.) cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (optional)
- In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, stir together onion, pepper, oil and seasoning. Microwave on HIGH, 1-2 minutes, stirring once, or until vegetables begin to soften. Add tomatoes and chicken broth. Microwave, covered, on HIGH, 5-6 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble. Stir in beans, chicken and corn. Microwave, covered, on HIGH, 5 minutes until mixture begins to bubble. Stir in lime juice, if desired.
- Cover casserole. To simmer, microwave on Level 4, 10 minutes on power.
- Stir before serving.
*If desired, top each serving with slightly crushed tortilla chips. Substitute garbanzo beans with black beans, if desired.
*Packages of ready-cooked chicken are widely available in the refrigerated section of most supermarkets.