Not only are these meatballs snappy to make – they’re saucy! These favorites will take front row on any buffet table. Makes about 30 meatballs.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or combination of pork and beef
- 1 cup chili sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grape jelly
- In medium bowl, combine beef, 1/4 cup chili sauce, bread crumbs, egg, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Shape meat mixture into 1-inch round balls.
- Arrange meatballs in 10-inch round microwave-safe casserole. Cover with plastic wrap, leaving a corner open to vent steam. Microwave on HIGH, 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, turning meatballs once after 4 minutes. Remove from microwave; drain away any juices or liquids.
- Combine remaining chili sauce and jelly in small bowl. Spoon sauce evenly over meatballs. Microwave on HIGH, 3 minutes, stirring once to coat, until heated through. Serve immediately.
*Remember that casseroles and dishes will be hot at the end of cooking. Always use an oven mitt or pad to remove casseroles and dishes from the microwave.